Thornfield Camping Cabins Luxury en-suite Camping Cabins
Thornfield Camping Cabins is set in a picturesque landscape and rural setting between the border city of Carlisle and Caldbeck on the edge of the Lake District national park. This new venture for 2016 is run by Karen and Andrew, who along with their staff aim to provide you with a warm welcome and pleasant stay.
Due to the close proximity of the northern fells and lakes the site is ideal for those who wish to explore Caldbeck, Keswick, Ambleside along with the border city of Carlisle and Hadrians Wall.
There is strong use of the area with cyclists due to the location of the Reivers route 10 and the National Cycle network route 7; which both run straight past the property and are used by hundreds of cyclists each year along with walkers; some of whom undertake the Cumbria Way walk.
Luxury en-suite camping cabins
We provide high quality, affordable and warm year-round self catering accommodation with home from home comforts, in a tranquil rural setting, a real back to nature holiday experience surrounded by woodlands, walks, a range of wildlife and extensive rural views.
There are 4 luxury en-suite camping cabins:
- Sleeping up to 4 adults (one fixed double bed and one double bed settee) or 2 adults and 3 children (maximum)
- En-suite wet room / Underfloor heating
- Fridge / Microwave/ Kettle / Toaster
- Free Wifi
- BBQ & Fire Pit Hire
- Car parking free for the duration of your stay (One vehicle per cabin). Additional vehicles by arrangement only and chargeable.
- Provision for well behaved dogs
- Comprehensive information folder on Dalston village and the immediate surrounding area along with information on walking and cycling in the area
Working in conjuntion with a neighbouring business; we can offer the "Woodside Welcome" which is provided by Mike and Debbie. They offer quality cooked breakfasts with locally sourced produce brought to your door. Comprising of English Bacon Rolls, The Ultimate Woodside Country Roll, Quality Tea and Coffee's.