Thornfield Camping Cabins Luxury en-suite Camping Cabins
Thornfield Camping Cabins is set in a picturesque landscape and rural setting between the border city of Carlisle and Caldbeck on the edge of the Lake District national park. Karen and Andrew have welcomed clients since July 2016; along with their staff they aim to provide you with a warm welcome and pleasant stay.
What makes us stand out from the crowd?
- First class en-suite Glamping accommodation
- Family friendly holidays (under 11's free)
- Picturesque rural location
- Within walking distance of a host of local amenities
Due to the close proximity of the camping cabin site to the northern fells and lakes (Keswick, Ambleside etc) the site is ideal for those walkers who wish to explore the fells and lakes along with the border city of Carlisle and Hadrians Wall.
There is strong use of the area with cyclists due to the proximity of the Reivers route 10 and the National Cycle network route 7; which both run straight past the property and are used by hundreds of cyclists each year along with walkers; some of whom undertake the Cumbria Way walk.
We are situated only one mile from the nearest public house (The Bridge End Inn) which can be accessed via footpaths of which there is one which starts directly opposite the site. There is a regular bus service to Bridge End and we are only 1 ½ miles from Dalston village centre which has a host of amenities available; along with a train station to access the western Lake District and the City of Carlisle.
We provide high quality, affordable and warm year-round self catering accommodation with home from home comforts, in a tranquil rural setting, a real back to nature holiday experience surrounded by woodlands, walks, a range of wildlife and extensive rural views.
There are 4 luxury en-suite camping cabins (including two with hot tubs):
- Sleeping up to 4 adults (one fixed double bed and one double bed settee) or 2 adults and 3 children (maximum)
- En-suite wet room / Underfloor heating
- Fridge / Microwave/ Kettle / Toaster (Please note: No hob / rings)
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Free Wifi
- Gas BBQ Hire (can be used to heat pans)
- Fire Pit Hire
- Car parking free for the duration of your stay (One vehicle per cabin). Additional vehicles by arrangement only and chargeable.
- Provision for well behaved dogs (chargeable)
- Comprehensive information folder on Dalston village and the surrounding area along with information on walking and cycling.
Working in conjuntion with a neighbouring business; we can offer the "Woodside Welcome" which is provided by Mike and Debbie. They offer quality cooked breakfasts, lunches and afternoon tea's with locally sourced produce brought to your door. Comprising of English Bacon Rolls, The Ultimate Woodside Country Roll, Quality Tea's and Coffee's.