Thornfield Luxury en-suite Camping Cabins
Thornfield Camping Cabins is set in a picturesque landscape and rural setting between the border city of Carlisle and Caldbeck on the edge of the Lake District national park.
Karen and Andrew have welcomed clients since July 2016 and along with their team, they aim to provide you with a warm welcome and a pleasant stay.
Our Promise to You!
- A passion to create an outdoor haven; sympathetic to the natural environment for our guests to enjoy while staying in quality, quirky, affordable accomodation with home-from-home comforts.
- Provide a fantastic place to stay, with stunning views; bringing peace and relaxation.
- Think of the little things for our guests; a warm welcome to everyone enabling our guests to feel they are with friends.
THREE NIGHT MID-WEEK OFFER £240 - UNTIL 6TH JULY 2018(Subject to Availability)
Based on two people sharing (three nights between Monday & Friday) Includes fully made up bed, bale of towels, Fire Pit and Gas BBQ. All crockery, cutlery and BBQ tools provided. Just enter code: 3NIGHTMIDWEEK to your booking. You could even add your very own hot tub for an additional £85 for duration of your stay!
BREAKING NEWS - BED & BREAKFAST - From 20th May 2018
We can now offer you Bed and Cooked Breakfast packages (working in conjuction with Woodside Welcome Cycle Cafe next door) These can be booked in advance via our booking form. Vegetarians, Vegans or any dietary preferences can be accomodated if notified in advance. Please refer to the Woodside Welcome Cycle Cafe facebook page for information on what they can provide or telephone: 01228 710764. Via our booking system we can offer you either of the following:
- Woodside Breakfast in a Box or a Plated Breakfast - consisting of: Local Cumberland Sausage and Dry Cured Back Bacon, with either Black Pudding or Haggis, Egg, Baked Beans and Hash Browns along with Toast and Homemade Jam. (The Breakfast in the Box can be brought to your POD or eaten in the cafe but the plated breakfast is to be eaten in the cafe) £9.00 per person.
We provide high quality, affordable and warm year-round self catering accommodation with home from home comforts, in a tranquil rural setting, a real back to nature holiday experience surrounded by woodlands, walks, a range of wildlife and extensive rural views.
There are 4 luxury en-suite camping cabins (with the option to add a hot tub)
- Sleeping up to 4 adults (one fixed double bed and one double bed settee) or 2 adults and 3 children (maximum)
- En-suite wet room / Underfloor heating
- Fridge / Microwave/ Kettle / Toaster (Please note: No hob / rings)
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Free Wifi
- Gas BBQ Hire (can be used to heat pans)
- Fire Pit Hire
- Fire Pit Hire with charcoal BBQ swing arm grill option
- Car parking free for the duration of your stay (One vehicle per cabin). Additional vehicles by arrangement only and chargeable.
- Provision for well behaved dogs (chargeable)
- Comprehensive information folder on Dalston village and the surrounding area along with information on walking and cycling.
For the Children
To introduce the childen to our animals please click here. You will also find information on the range of games and activities available to both children and adults.
Gift vouchers are available and perfect for any occasion. Treat a loved one to an alternative gift even those who say they "don't do camping". The response we get is fantastic and we usually find they will certainly repeat the experience!
Woodside Welcome Cycle Cafe
Working in conjuntion with a neighbouring business; we can offer the "Woodside Welcome" which is provided by Mike and Debbie next door. They offer quality cooked breakfasts, lunches and afternoon tea's with locally sourced produce brought to your door. Comprising of English Bacon Rolls, The Ultimate Woodside Country Roll, Quality Tea's and Coffee's.