Thornfield Luxury en-suite Camping Cabins
Special offers - Please refer to our Rates & Availability Page
Thornfield Camping Cabins is set in a picturesque landscape and rural setting between the border city of Carlisle and Caldbeck on the edge of the Lake District National Park. Karen and Andrew have welcomed clients since July 2016 and along with their team, they aim to provide you with a warm welcome and a pleasant stay; and if you wish to bring your well-behaved dog - your four legged friends too! Providing high quality, affordable and warm year-round self catering accommodation with home from home comforts, in a tranquil rural setting, a real back to nature holiday experience surrounded by woodlands, walks, a range of wildlife and extensive rural views.
Our Promise to You!
- A passion to create an outdoor haven; sympathetic to the natural environment for our guests to enjoy while staying in quality, quirky, affordable accomodation with home-from-home comforts.
- Provide a fantastic place to stay, with stunning views; bringing peace and relaxation.
- Think of the little things for our guests; a warm welcome to everyone enabling our guests to feel they are with friends.
Our site has grown - July 2018
Last summer we took receipt of two new Pods; The Badger and The Fox. Please see our facebook page for further details. These are slightly larger pods (wider and longer) same sleeping arrangements but with a king size bed, full bathroom, country style kitchen area with belfast sink and also the use of a one or two ring portable hob with pans by arrangement. They also have a six seater hot tub assigned to them; these pods are perfect for longer stays or family groups.
In total there are 6 Luxury en-suite Glamping PODS:
2 x (Extra Large) PODS - Fox & Badger (with the option to add a 6 seater hot tub)
- Full bathroom-separate shower cubicle, toilet and sink.
- Underfloor heating, a country style kitchen with a belfast sink.
- Sleeping up to 4 adults (one kingsize bed and one double bed settee) or 2 adults and 3 children (maximum)
- Includes the use of either a one or two ring portable induction hob with pans - available on request.
- Fridge / Microwave/ Kettle / Toaster
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Badger Pod - No dogs accepted. Please read our terms and conditions regarding breach of the pet free rule!
4 x (Large) PODS - Pheasant, Owl, Deer & Squirrel (with the option to add a 4 seater hot tub)
- En-suite wet room (Includes, shower, toilet & sink)
- Underfloor heating
- Sleeping up to 4 adults (one double bed and one double bed settee) or 2 adults and 3 children (maximum)
- Fridge / Microwave/ Kettle / Toaster (Please note: No hob / rings)
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Free Wifi (Don't expect miracles - we do not have fibre and the speed is slow!) However it is free!
- Car parking free for the duration of your stay (One vehicle per cabin). Additional vehicles by arrangement only and chargeable.
- Comprehensive information folder in each cabin detailing ALL site and health & safety information; details of the local amenities in Dalston village and the surrounding area along with information on walking and cycling.
For the Children
To introduce the childen to our animals please click here. You will also find information on the range of games and activities available to both children and adults.
Dogs - Important Information!
As dog lovers ourselves we welcome well behaved dogs. (A maximum of 2 dogs per cabin) However, it is crucial that ALL dogs are kept off the bed and bed settee. We are experiencing an increasing number of incidents where we are having to deal with laundry that cannot be cleaned (muddy stains cannot be removed by the laundry) incurring a high replacement cost to us. Sadly if this persists then we may have no alternative but to reduce the number of cabins that accept our four legged friends. Your dog is provided with a water bowl, tie out rope and a towel to dry them. Should they need to be hosed down due to excess mud you can use the hose pipe next to the hot tubs.
The basic rules are as follows; if you cannot abide by them then please do not bring your dog!
- Dogs must be kept off the furniture (please bring a couple of large throws if you are concerned)
- All dogs must be kept on a lead and under control at all times when on site for the safety of other site users and due to the fact we have free range poultry on site too!
- No dogs to be left unattended in the cabins at any time.
- Poop scoops are provided for dog waste. It is disposed of in the green wheelie bins.
Group Bookings - MUST prior approval
If you wish to make a group booking of 3 PODS or more please can you email us with your requirements in order for us to assess the suitablility of your group to our site.
Cyclists / Walkers
Please contact us directly for one night stay availability. (Please note that there is an additional charge for bedding of £18.00)
Gift vouchers are available and perfect for any occasion. Treat a loved one to an alternative gift even those who say they "don't do camping". The response we get is fantastic and we usually find they will certainly repeat the experience!
Woodside Welcome Cycle Cafe
Working in conjunction with Woodside Welcome Cycle Cafe - next door they can offer you either a continental or cooked breakfast packages and can cater for all dietary requirements including: vegetarians and vegans if notified in advance. Please refer to the Woodside Welcome Cycle Cafe facebook page for information on what they can provide and to pre-book please telephone: 01228 710764. (All payments to be made direct to Woodside Welcome).